[Wine] No License error message when running MSAccess via Wine

Robert McLean robert.mclean1 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 19 00:49:15 CDT 2007

Does any one out there running MicroSoft Access 97 get this message
when they try to run it via Wine ?

"Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on
this machine"

I get this message, despite the fact I have a perfectly legal copy of
Access on my machine, and it runs perfectly, and has been for years,
from windows.

I am running linux Fedora FC5, and wine version 0.9.22.

I can run other apps perfectly using Wine, although there is some
question about how I have my C drive configured, see my other thread
for that.

Any idea how to clear this error message ?

Thanks.