[Wine] Re: abode acrobat professional 7.0 installation problem

emre a emreakbas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:09 CDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2:10 pm, Olaf Leidinger <leid... at newcon.de> wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> > However, when I run Acrobat.exe, it shows up but crashes within 5-6
> > seconds without any reason.Well, I've to admit that I've no idea what might be wrong. So far as I
> recall I had a crash, too. But for some reason it went away - hmmm...
>
> What you could try:
> - install windows corefonts (look for "corefonts" in your package
> manager) (I guess it might need the Tahoma font)
> - run wineboot
> - perhaps try to use native msvcrt (but afaik it worked without it)
>
> If that doesn't work you've to find out what's wrong by having a look
> at the debug output:
>
> --> wine userguide:http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index
> chapter 4, section 5: Environment variables
>
> They might help. And you could ask someone more qualified on the
> wine-users mailing list or post your question in the app-db. IF you get
> it working' you should also post the solution there.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Olaf

Are you able to use Acro. pro 7 with wine?

I installed msttcorefonts and the missing fonts appeared correctly, but
again the program crashed in a few seconds.

How can I debug the problem? I mean in the page you sent me there are
lots of channels listed, should try them all? Aren't there a simpler
way of finding the source of the problem?