[Wine] debugging an app which crashes my Window manager?

jkn jkn_gg at nicorp.f9.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 00:50:16 CDT 2007

Hi all
    I'm running a Win32 application, Ecco Pro, under Wine on my Gentoo
Linux system. The app is 'mostly working' but there are some
circumstances where it repeatably crashes. I'd like to investigate
further to see if I can improve things. I have an embedded systems &
windows programming background, so I'm confident I have some of the
skills; however I'm a novice on wine.

I've made a start by running 'winedbg myapp.exe'. However when the
crash occurs kWin, the window manager for KDE which I use, is what
crashes. So I lose my winedbg terminal ;-(.

I'm starting to read the Wine developer docs but wondered if someone
could point me at a next useful step.

    Cheers
    Jon N