[Wine] Re: fixme: How?

Jim Showalter jshowalter at spam.gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:25 CDT 2007

roboknight wrote:
> What Mantar said can be extended to anything wine outputs labelled
> "fixme"... it means
> that the developer knows there is probably an issue and nothing has
> been done.  It is a
> reminder to "fix it later".  So, unless you can implement the code for
> those fixmes, you
> will probably have to post it as a "bug"... You can identify it as a
> "fixme" bug (meaning that
> it isn't an error, but rather needs implementation).  But, before you
> go posting bugs willy-nilly,
> make sure that:
> A) There isn't already a bug posted for it.
> B) That you cannot work around it (in your case, it does not appear you
> can).
>
> As an app maintainer (and maybe even if you aren't) you should be able
> to "vote" for the bug as well.  It will help get a developer working on
> it.
> Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa wrote:
>
>>  A stub means that this function hasn't been written yet. When the
>> application calls that function, it just prints out a "stub" fixme line
>> and exits, telling the app that it succeeded. This prevents the app from
>> freaking out and crashing or anything, but it doesn't actually do
>> anything. It's beyond troubleshooting and into programming, basically.
>>
>> --
>>  - Mantar  --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.

I want to thank both Mantar and you, roboknight, for the taking the time
to educate me.  Could you give me any tips on how to determine if these
bugs have already been reported?  I registered with Bugzilla, but
haven't figured it all out yet.

--
I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and
  what I believe - I believe what I believe is right. -George W. Bush