[Wine] Re: No text at all in win32 applications under WINE :(

mike mike at localhost.localdomain
Mon Mar 19 00:50:50 CDT 2007

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:21:02 +0000, Daniel Skorka wrote:

> Charles <landemaine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you Daniel. Actually I'm using the build. Should I compile WINE?
>
> Not necessarily, no. However, if you have a prepackaged version of wine
> and no fonts, you should do one of the following:
> a) Check whether additional packages providing the wine fonts or the MS
> fonts are available and install them
> or b) Build wine yourself, taking care that all requirements are met.
>
> Daniel

i've got the same problem with no text at all in any applications in the
wine (0.9.24) i just installed.  there are a bunch of .fon files in
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts, are those the fonts that it should be using?

i followed instructions to make msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec:

rpmbuild -ba msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec
rpm -ivh /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.src.rpm
/sbin/service xfs reload

not exactly sure what that did, but didn't solve the problem.  at this
point i have 2 questions:

1) where are the fonts supposed to be?
2) what are the font files named?