[Wine] Re: Wine for command line only

Mike Dee mikedee at invalid.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:50:54 CDT 2007

Dennis <dtempleton-at-virginia-dot-edu> wrote in
news:455e0eca$0$32410$c3e8da3 at news.astraweb.com:

> I think I have a very simple question but I can't find an answer
> to it. I need to run one command line windows executable with no
> dlls on my MacPro.  Runs fine under Parallels/xp, but I would like
> to run it under the bash shell script from the Mac/Unix terminal.
[...]
> What am I missing, should I  move this or a central program to the
> bin file?  Should I build it separately from this binary?

You would probably be better off installing the open source Bochs
x86 emulator or payware Virtual PC from Microsoft

For Bochs on OS X go here:
http://mac.sofotex.com/download-126022.html but for a more upto date
release get it here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12580&package_id=17475&release_id=215733

For Virtual PC go to microsoft.com

You didn't mention if your executable was pure DOS
or requires Windows to be installed. Either way,
with an emulator, you'll need an OS installed to run the CL
app.

--
dee