[Wine] Re: Wine identity for DCOM authentication

jpgmc janez.pers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:58 CDT 2007

> If I understand correctly, the way windows authenticates for DCOM is
> called NTLM.  Some searching for that turned up the following link
> http://wiki.winehq.org/NtlmAuthSetupGuide
> as well as the impression that this is not actually implemented yet. I'd
> say you should contact Kai Blin and ask him about the current status.

Thank you for your answer - does this apply even if I use microsoft's
native implementation of DCOM inside wine? (installed DCOM98.EXE, which
the client application is using right now). Wine's own DCOM is missing
much more - client application bombs out with a long list of errors if
I use it.

I assumed microsoft's DCOM implementation would handle the
authentication as well, am I mistaken? If I am not, then I need just
the way how to tell the wine (or the DCOM subsystem directly) the
username and the password it should use to authenticate...

If DCOM98.EXE does not handle that, then I am pretty much screwed, I
guess...