[Wine] Re: Wine runs only once per X-session

Tomi Pieviläinen tpievila at cc.hut.fi
Mon Mar 19 00:51:09 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Tomi Pieviläinen <tpievila at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> > This was an interesting test. I'm running a dual setup with Xinerama,
> > but couldn't get this to work with the same settings with nv, so I
> > simply commented the other screen out. Nv works. Then, just ou of
> > curiosity, I tried the nvidia driver with just one screen and that
> > works too.
> >
> > So the problem only manifests with xinerama on.
>
> Maybe your card supports hardware acceleration on one head only?

That is correct, but I fail to see how that affects the problem? I am
able to run 3d-games under nvidia drivers and wine, but only once per
x-session with xinerama. Even winecfg which does not require 3d runs
only once.

And under the nv driver (with no 3d acceleration) and in nvidia without
xinerama these problems do not present themselves.