[Wine] Re: Wine runs only once per X-session

Tomi Pieviläinen tpievila at cc.hut.fi
Mon Mar 19 00:51:12 CDT 2007

> winecfg at least probes your OpenGL setup, so it is being used in this
> case.

But it works (complaining) even without acceleration.

> With your current Xinerama setup and native games, what happens if you
> try to move the game from the accelerated head to the unaccelerated one?

This was actually quite interesting test. I thought, because all games
fullscreen on my CRT and refuse to go to fullscreen on my LCD even if I
the focus there, that only my CRT has acceleration. But testing in
mode, I actually get better FPS on my LCD.

> > And under the nv driver (with no 3d acceleration) and in nvidia without
> > xinerama these problems do not present themselves.
> Which is exactly why I think that the one-head-only acceleration is the
> issue here.

If xinerama would be inherently the cause why wine doesn't work
why would it work at all instead of working once?

More likely there is something special about xinerama that wine doesn't
take into account, so it works only partially.