[Wine] Re: app has problems parsing its config file

ap andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:17 CDT 2007

On Nov 28, 12:07 pm, Duane Clark <junkm... at junkmail.com> wrote:
> ap wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I want to make wine run a qt-based commercial, large windows app. I run
> > wine 0.9.22 on gentoo amd64 and can successfully run other
> > applications. The app in question starts up fine, asks for which
> > modules to use and then proceeds to constructs a temporary config file
> > for itself. However, it then proceeds with an error message by itself
> > that it encountered a problem parsing this config file at line 1, and
> > after that there are many more parsing errors.That version of Wine had quite a few errors in the file reading
> functions. Have you tried the most recent Wine?

No, just 0.9.22 which I thought was quite recent. If there are known
file reading problems, the latest may definitely be worth trying.

> I suppose this large commercial app has not free trial version? I'll try
> to take a look at your traces this weekend a bit more, and see if I can
> see something.

It uses flexlm, so one needs to request a trial license. The problem
unfortunately only appears after it checked for the license.

> > I tried many native windows dlls including msvcrt but to no avail.On the other hand, if you are confident that it was in fact using native
> msvcrt, then the problem would appear to be more subtle. You can always
> verify whether it is in fact loading the native DLLs and by setting a
> WINEDEBUG environment variable to +loaddll. Only pay attention to the
> end of each line where it says "builtin" or "native".

Ok, I verified, and this shows up in the log, with msvcrt set to
"native" in winecfg:

andreas at fels ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp $ grep -i msvcrt dll.out
trace:loaddll:load_native_dll  Loaded module
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCRT.dll" : native
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module
L"c:\\windows\\system32\\msvcrt.dll" : builtin

So it seems to load first the native and then later the builtin ?

Andreas