[Wine] Re: app has problems parsing its config file

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:18 CDT 2007

ap wrote:
> On Nov 28, 12:07 pm, Duane Clark <junkm... at junkmail.com> wrote:
>> That version of Wine had quite a few errors in the file reading
>> functions. Have you tried the most recent Wine?
>
> No, just 0.9.22 which I thought was quite recent. If there are known
> file reading problems, the latest may definitely be worth trying.

Yes, that would definitely be worth a try. There have been several
patches since then to fix bugs in that area. The most recent Wine
version is 0.9.26, and that would be the one to try.

>> On the other hand, if you are confident that it was in fact using native
>> msvcrt, then the problem would appear to be more subtle. You can always
>> verify whether it is in fact loading the native DLLs and by setting a
>> WINEDEBUG environment variable to +loaddll. Only pay attention to the
>> end of each line where it says "builtin" or "native".
>
> Ok, I verified, and this shows up in the log, with msvcrt set to
> "native" in winecfg:
>
> andreas at fels ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp $ grep -i msvcrt dll.out
> trace:loaddll:load_native_dll  Loaded module
> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCRT.dll" : native
> trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module
> L"c:\\windows\\system32\\msvcrt.dll" : builtin
>
> So it seems to load first the native and then later the builtin ?

Hmm... I am not sure why it would do that. I am guessing you set the
override only for the application? If so, try setting it for everything
(all applications should work fine with a native msvcrt), and see if
that works.