[Wine] Problem with winecfg on Red Hat Linux

Stan stan at temple.edu
Mon Mar 19 00:51:18 CDT 2007

A colleague insalled Wine for me on a 32-bit Red Hat Linux server
yesterday. I am not trying to install an
application called LIMDEP under Wine. The documentation says to start a
script called winecfg. When I invoke that script, all I get is a gray
box on my screen with a few tabs. No text appears on the screen. If I
click on some of the tabs, there are drop-down menus, which also have
no text. None of the buttons have any text either. If I click on one of
the blank tabs, I can see a color logo for Wine, but that's it. No
text.

I am trying to render the Xwindows display on my desktop Mac, which is
a PowerMac G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.8, in case it matters. Using the
same server, I can start other graphics applications such as SAS and it
shows up fine in Xwindows windows, but not that winecfg.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?