[Wine] Curse of Monkey Island doesn't work with wine 0.9.24

Fari farimueller at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 19 00:51:21 CDT 2007

I installed the game like it is described in the WineHQ application
database. The installation worked without problems but running the game
produced the following error message:
Cannot create DirectSound object (-2147467259)
I got around this by switching off OSS sound and using ALSA instead,
but know I have the same problem that Erich Hoover mentioned in the
AppDB. The music starts to play but nothing appears on the screen. The
music does also not play correctly - it seems like it gets stuck after
a moment repeating the same seconds over and over again, like an old
record with scratches.
I'm using SUSE 10.1 with wine 0.9.24 compiled from source code.
Does anyone know how to solve this?