[Wine] Re: app has problems parsing its config file

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:22 CDT 2007

Duane Clark <junkmail at junkmail.com> wrote:
>> The main 3d viewing area is not drawn at all. What would I need to do
>> debug ?
>
> The 3d code is something I know nothing about personally. Unless someone
> jumps in here with something, I would suggest filing a bug at:
> http://bugs.winehq.org/
> The developers of this code are very active at the moment (for the past
> year actually), so hopefully one of them will be able to help. You
> probably need to mention what version of the 3d driver it uses, and what
> your video card is.

I'm not an expert either, but here's what I can tell you:
1) 3D works best inside a virtual desktop
2) There have been in the past issues with the 3D parts drawing over 2D
parts. I don't know if this has been fixed yet.
3) Before you post a bug, try a simple app that uses D3D or OpenGL under
wine. Only if thas works should you file a bug report. This should
include a WINEDEBUG=+opengl,+wgl,+d3d report as an attachment.

Daniel
--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index