[Wine] Re: Why is app defaulting to Captain Podd font?

Robert M. Riches Jr. spamtrap42 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:31 CDT 2007

On 2006-12-06, Daniel Skorka <skorka at gmx.net> wrote:
> Robert M. Riches Jr. <spamtrap42 at verizon.net> wrote:
>> I'm running Personal Ancestral File (PAF) 5.2 under Wine
>> 0.9.26, and it defaults to the bizarre "Captain Podd" font
>> as its default screen and print font.  It appears there are
>> no knobs or registry entries to override this default font
>> for some things when printing.
>
> Where does this font come from? Is it distributed with PAF?. What happens
> if you just delete this file?

I don't believe it is distributed with PAF.  It does _not_
show up if I do the following commands in a directory above
my $WINEPREFIX area:

    find . -name '*aptain*'
    find . -name '*APTAIN*'

It appears the "Captain Podd" font is coming from the
Mandriva Linux distribution on which Wine is running.  How
PAF or some DLL finds and selects it is something I don't
know but would like to find out.

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42 at verizon.net