[Wine] Re: use Windows icons in Wine?

droid jshowalter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:37 CDT 2007

On Dec 13, 6:22 am, Daniel Skorka <sko... at gmx.net> wrote:

> Depends - what exactly do you want to do?

I have installed several Windows programs with Wine.  Some installers
put a startup icon on my KDE desktop and some don't.  Others fail to
install, but work if copied from Windows to my Wine c: drive.  In the
latter two cases, I have a working program but no startup icon even
though it has one in Windows.

I've learned how create and install icons for these programs in KDE,
but can't duplicate the icon graphic.  And in Windows, right-clicking
on an icon and selecting "Properties" doesn't tell me anything about
the icon itself - only the application it points to.

So I am hoping there is some method of 'porting' an applications' icon
from Windows into Wine.