[Wine] Re: use Windows icons in Wine?

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:49 CDT 2007

droid <jshowalter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've learned how create and install icons for these programs in KDE,
> but can't duplicate the icon graphic.  And in Windows, right-clicking
> on an icon and selecting "Properties" doesn't tell me anything about
> the icon itself - only the application it points to.

That's basically all you need. The easiest way would be to find where
the icon is coming from - normally a .ico file or from the .exe itself.
Then look around the net, there should be resource viewers that run on
linux and allow you to extract those icons. Then save them as something
KDE will like.

Daniel
--
Before you post: