[Wine] HOWTO configure internet access

Frank Busse frank at busse.oche.de
Mon Mar 19 00:51:50 CDT 2007

Hi,

after searching all the sources I knew so far, there seems to be no
advice for configuring internet access for wine. Must obviously be too
streamline to bother about... ;-)

I'm running a program on wine that tries to update via internet without
bringing any configuration tools for this task itself. I assume that on
native win it reads system settings. And on wine, the update process
fails with a message indicating on missing access.

What would be the best way for purely configuring internet access in
this case? Is there any tool for wine or a simple native app on win
recommended for this task?

Any hint or pointer to some page dealing with this task highly appreciated.

Frank