[Wine] Re: Using smart cards with IE6 and Wine?

david at quanterium.zzn.com david at quanterium.zzn.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:56 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Well, the description of PKCS#11 looks quite promising. Is ActivClient
> the only way to access these certificates from IE? Should ActiveClient
> turn out to be PKCS#11, or if you can use something else for IE, the
> wrapper would become trivial.

ActivClient definitely isn't the only way to do it, on Linux for
example Fedora's Coolkey has developed compatibility with our smart
cards.  I'll ask around next week and see if anyone knows more about
how ActivClient interfaces with IE and if there are any other ways to
interface with the smart card in Windows.

- David