[Wine] Re: HOWTO configure internet access

Frank Busse frank at busse.oche.de
Mon Mar 19 00:52:00 CDT 2007

Daniel,

would you please have another look at that log at
http://www.busse.oche.de/tmp/20061215wininet.log?

You mentioned line 1655
	HTTP_GetCustomHeaderIndex L"Set-Cookie")
suspecting the traced program to be buggy, because no related
InsertCustomHeader was executed before.

Maybe you're right. But even if there were a bug, it obviously had no
effect on native w98. The traced program does perfectly fine on native
systems.

Did you notice line 1524
	InternetGetCookieW (L"http://www.phase-6.de", [...]
and related line 1533
	InternetGetCookieW no cookies found for L"www.phase-6.de"?

I'm all but sure about those trace messages: To me it seems that the
traced program tries (and fails) to somehow handle a cookie required for
the update process.

Is use of cookies by default restricted in wine? Is there any config
section to have a closer look at? Where would I possibly find
documentation on this question?

Frank