[Wine] Re: ACT! 6.0 under Wine

shane2peru shane at rices4peru.com
Mon Mar 19 00:52:06 CDT 2007

Duane Clark wrote:
> shane2peru wrote:
> > here is the error when trying to backup the database:

> > wine: Call from 0x7b840790 to unimplemented function
> > msvcrt.dll._mbsspnp, aborting
>
> Have you tried putting a copy of a native Windows msvcrt.dll into your
> Wine windows/system32 directory, and configuring Wine to use it? Just
> set Wine to use it globally. Almost any msvcrt.dll probably will do.

By this do you mean running winecfg and going to the Library, and
adding that as native?  If that is what you mean, the answer is yes.  I
have done that there were about 4 different ones that were very
similar.  I also have my windows partition, I can copy of dll's from
there, however I need to know which ones.  I tried copying all of them,
and my e-Sword didn't work any longer, so I restored the ones that were
in there and deleted the others.  Thanks for the help.

Shane