[Wine] Re: EQ6/IE6

David & Barbara Schmidt davnbabs at airmail.net
Mon Mar 19 00:52:42 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> David & Barbara Schmidt <davnbabs at airmail.net> wrote:
>
>>I'm an old-time Linux guy but somewhat new to Wine.  Running Wine 0.9.2
>>on FC3.  A few other apps have come up fine.
>

> 0.9.2 is old; 0.9.28 is current.
> Please 'rm -fr ~/.wine' before you try the new version.

Well, 0.9.2 is what apt-get drug in.  Point taken.  Will try latest
build before reverting to a (pirated but legitimized in my mind by the
purchase of EQ6) copy of EQ5.

Thank you, by the way, for being the only response thusfar.

>>Wife got Electric Quilt 6 for Christmas, so mounted the CD and ran "wine
>>setup.exe."  Got permission problems as my non-root user, so su'd to
>>root and tried again.  It complained that it needed IE 5 or above.
>

> Ugh. An old-time linux guy should know not to do that. Especially when
> dealing with beta software.
>
> Daniel

I presume you mean running as root.  Yeah, a bit commando, but I got
tired of chmodding 777 various directories, and the eventual effect is
the same.....

Yet, point taken.

Thanx for helping........