[Wine] Re: Quicken 2005 Won't Connect to Internet

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Mon Mar 19 00:52:46 CDT 2007

Hello!

> Daniel Skorka wrote:
> > Pete Ricksecker <rick2210 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >> After this the program will start up and looks normal except a bunch of
> >> things don't work.  One of these being able to connect to my bank
> >> through the internet.  Should there be a link in dosdevices to eth0?  If
> >> so what whould the name of the link be?
> >
> > No, you don't need such a link. Could you provide a WINEDEBUG=+wininet
> > log?
> >
> > Daniel
> Not familiar with Winedebug  How do I created the log you mentioned?

WINEDEBUG=+wininet wine program.exe

or run

export WINEDEBUG=+wininet
to set the environment variable and call the program as normal via

wine program.exe

where program.exe is the executable of quicken.

You can write the output to a file via something like

WINEDEBUG=+wininet wine program.exe 2>&1 > filename.log

You can compress it via gzip or bzip2 afterwards if it is very large.

wininet is one debug-channel. More are listed at:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/x519

Ciao,

Olaf