[Wine] Re: Quicken 2005 Won't Connect to Internet

Pete Ricksecker rick2210 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 19 00:52:50 CDT 2007

>>> trace:wininet:InternetGetCookieW (L"http://intuit.com", L"QWPLC", (nil), 0x34f138)
>>> trace:wininet:InternetCrackUrlW (L"http://intuit.com" 17 0 0x34d060)
>>> trace:wininet:SetUrlComponentValueW (null) (0)
>>> trace:wininet:GetInternetSchemeW L"http" 4
>>> trace:wininet:SetUrlComponentValueW L"http" (4)
>>> trace:wininet:SetUrlComponentValueW (null) (0)
> From this point on, it looks like just repetitions of the above lines.
> While I'm not sure what's happening, my guess is that you need to use a
> proxy for http traffic and neglected to configure it in your app.
> Alternatively, if it doesn't provide a way to do so, you might need to
> use the registry keys described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819961
> No need for creating and importing a file, just edit the registry
> directly.
> Daniel

The registry keys referred to are:

To configure the proxy server settings on a client computer, create the
following .reg file to populate the registry with the proxy server

In this file, ProxyServername is the name of your proxy server.

My problem is that I have not idea what ProxyServername should be