[Wine] Re: DeviceIoControl

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:52:55 CDT 2007

MarkKaye <markkoza at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written a Windows app that uses various DeviceIoControl codes that
> as far as I can see aren't implemented in Wine. They are:
>
> IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY
> FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME
> FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME
> IOCTL_DISK_GET_PARTITION_INFO
> IOCTL_STORAGE_GET_DEVICE_NUMBER
> IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_LAYOUT
>
> Anybody have any ideas how I can get the app running on Wine?
> Unfortunately, I still need the code to run on Windows too.
> The app only deals with disk drive devices. Is it possible to hack Wine
> to return the same data structures I would receive in Windows? Any
> possible solutions will be appreciated!

There's several ways to do this:
- Implement support for these IOCTLs in wine (if sensible)
- Stub them out. They won't do anything, but your app might run anyway.
- Make your app not use these ioctls.

What exactly is it your app is doing, and does it even make sense to use
your app on linux?

Daniel
--
Before you post: