[Wine] Re: Visual Basic Applications

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:53:09 CDT 2007

geaydboa at yahoo.fr wrote:
> I am a beginner with Wine and I am already astonished by the
> possibilities given by such a software. In fact, I got a VB application
> that I want to use under my Ubuntu Dapper Distrib. This application is
> based on the creation of some objects as :
>  - scripting.filesystem
>  - scripting.dictionary
>  - msxml2.serverXMLHTTP
>  - adodb.connection
>
> I succeded in creating the two first objects but, even after an intense
> reading of FAQs & Forums, I'm still unable to create the last ones.

When you tried using a native copy of msxml, did you add an override
for msxml3?  (see http://wiki.winehq.org/NativeMSXML3)

What is the VB app?  Is it downloadable somewhere?
Did you write the VB app yourself?  If so, can you write a
very small VB app that just prints out whether it can
create the two problem objects?  Smaller test cases are easier to
debug.
Can you submit a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org ?

Thanks,
Dan