[Wine] Re: Irfanview

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:53:12 CDT 2007

Kerry Lange wrote:
>>> "The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the dynamic link library
>>> MFC42.DLL".
>> Did you register the DLL? I believe the command is:
>> regsvr32 mfc42.dll
>
> Okay, I've done this as well and am told that the dll has been
> successfully registered.  However, I still get the above error message
> when I try running the install program.

Yea, that was a bit of a shot in the dark.

> Also, the "mfc42.dll" doesn't show up in the drop-down box in the
> "Libraries" tab.  I don't know whether it's supposed to but in any event
> it doesn't.

In general, if Wine doesn't supply a DLL, then it will by default look
for it in windows/system32. So I wouldn't worry about that part.

The error message means that the application is looking for a function
in mfc42.dll that it cannot find. Where did you get this DLL? You might
want to try one from somewhere else.

> Does it matter where you're trying to run the install program from?
> I've got the install program in the "~/.wine/drive_c/" directory.

It should not matter. I tried installing iview399.exe, and it installed
flawlessly for me. I do have an mfc42.dll in my system32 folder, though
I don't remember where I got it.