[Wine] Re: Lego Mindstorm/USB on Wine

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:53:35 CDT 2007

svu <sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to make Mindstorm Lego's software work using Wine - but
> fail. What I get is some funny "Invalid ELF header" error trying to
> load fantom.dll. I suspect it is because it is accessing USB. Could I

I don't think so - AFAIK windows dlls don't even have an ELF header.
Could you post/link these error messages?

> check it somehow? What is the level of USB support in wine?

Depends on what you mean by support:

* support for loading and using windows drivers - none
* using (CD/DVD drives, HDDs, serial/parallel ports, joysticks/gamepads,
soundcards) which are attached to USB and working in linux - full,
because wine doesn't even care.

> Any help, debugging hints would be appreciated.

Try running the whole thing inside winedbg.

Daniel
--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index