[Wine] Re: Lego Mindstorm/USB on Wine

svu sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:53:40 CDT 2007

> (visa32.dll, nivisv32.dll, msvcr71.dll). The loading happens ok. At the
> very end, it seems to fail initializing nivisv32.dll:
I managed to find why this dll failed to load - it looked for some
registry keys which were not there (I did not install the software in
wine, I only used the copy from MSWin partition - for some reason
installation process did not work for me in wine). So, I exported
registry from windows (through 2 .reg files) to wine. And - hurray -
the application started!!!

Now, next step. It cannot find the device (attached as USB device). All
I am getting is a list of messages telling that enumerating of devices
returns nothing.

In windows, when Lego brick is attached, i see (in the Computer
Manager), the device named "LEGO MINDSTORM NXT" (they even register
their own device type: "LEGO Devices") with its own fantom.sys driver.

Does this mean there is no hope for me - since wine does not support
windows device drivers?

Cheers,

Sergey