[Wine] Re: Ubuntu edgy and wine

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:53:49 CDT 2007

pietje <Rocco.vanderveer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed ubuntu edgy with latest patches and wine 0.9.29. I use
> a application called osfinancials, www.osfinancials.org, this installs,
> but does not run. Strangly enough, it does run when using suse and
> wine, so it seems to be related to the combination of ubuntu edgy and
> wine.

I just tried osfinancials version 1.0.2.1 Full with wine 0.9.29:
Installation went fine for osF, but crashed at the end of the firebird
installation; killed the installation.

$ cd ~/.wine/drive_c/osFinancials && wine osFinancials.exe

works like a charm.
Are you using the wine package available from winehq.org?

Daniel
--
Before you post:
Read the Wine User Guide http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index