[Wine] Re: Warcraft 2 BNE - performance problem...

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Mon Mar 19 00:53:56 CDT 2007

Hello!

I found the following tip on  the app-db page of starcraft broodwars:

****
Users of Geforce-GeforceFX cards can improve the performance of StarCraft a lot (starting from Wine 0.9.19 or Wine CVS from August 1st or later) by adding some new registry options. Set the option HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Programs\Wine\Direct3D\DirectDrawRenderer to 'opengl' (if the Direct3D key doesn't exist add it). Further you need to set the option 'Direct3D\RenderTargetLockMode' to 'readtex'.

The rendering performance should be VERY fast in 24bit mode now, it should reach DGA speeds. In the near future I will add similar fixes for other cards to improve performance but the boost will never be as big as for these old nvidia cards using GL_EXT_paletted_texture support.

BTW note that the options I provided are now set for all applications, the options won't work fine for all apps yet so add some application specific options. (HKCU\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\starcraft.exe\Direct3D)

Roderick

****

Maybe it helps you...

Ciao,