[Wine] Re: Using native Dlls from original Win2000

Pete Ricksecker rick2210 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 19 00:54:16 CDT 2007

Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
> On 2007-01-26, Pete Ricksecker <rick2210 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:

>>> Is your Quicken installation in the prefix area in the
>>> specified path?  If not, fixing that may help.
>>>
>> If by prefix area in the specified path do you mean
>> "/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6"?
>
> Yes.  When environment variable WINEPREFIX is set, that
> becomes the root of the fake-windows area, instead of
> $HOME/.wine.  You need to have the same WINEPREFIX value
> when you install an app vs. try to use it.

Okay.  Here is where I am.

In a shell I executed export WINEPREFIX="/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6"
Then installed Quicken into "/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6"
Then copied Quicken from Windows XP drive to the .ies4linux/ie6 location

Then I executed
export WINEPREFIX="/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6"
wine "/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Program Files/Quicken/qw.exe"
and Quicken started up and I was able to get to registration page for
Quicken.com which always comes up.  Never got this far so I think it is
seeing the ie6 in ies4linux

I was able to connect to bank and download the transactions but they did
not get saved.