[Wine] noob help document?

dansbiz at gmail.com dansbiz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:34 CDT 2007

I am new to linux. I installed wine, but I am not sure I even
installed it correctly. I have no idea how to run it, and all the help
files ive seen are above the true novice level. Is there a complete
walkthrough? I downloaded wine to my desktop (latest Ubuntu release)
and managed to install it using the ./tools/wineinstall command. But
after that...no idea what to do. It seems to have installed fine, but
I popped in a world of warcraft cd...cant figure out how to install
it.

So help please...and thanks.

after this I'll figure how to set up samba....