[Wine] Wine crashes the whole system with 3D games

Roger-BH rogeriovinhal at yahoo.com.br
Mon Mar 19 00:54:36 CDT 2007

Hi, I am running Ubuntu 6.10 AMD64 in an Athlon64 3500+ with a ATI
Radeon 9600XT with fglrx fully configured.

I have installed wine using the i386 package and installing the ia32
libs. It runs alright, DIablo II works better than Windows. But I am
having quite an issue with 3D Games.

I tested Warcraft III and MOHAA Breakthrough. Both of them look very
nice anti-aliased and smoother than in Windows, but after some time,
usually less than 5 minutes, these games lock hard the system. Nothing
works, making me press the Reset button in order to restart.

This is driving me crazy, I can't find a solution, this problem is so
strange... Everything works fine, no graphic errors, no lags, an then
suddenly the screen freezes, the sound continue going with some
errors, until it stops completely.

I've tried to run without sound, but the problem was still there.

Is there something I can do to solve this or to get more information
about it?