[Wine] Re: Wine crashes the whole system with 3D games

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:54:37 CDT 2007

Roger-BH <rogeriovinhal at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> nice anti-aliased and smoother than in Windows, but after some time,
> usually less than 5 minutes, these games lock hard the system. Nothing
> works, making me press the Reset button in order to restart.

> Is there something I can do to solve this or to get more information
> about it?

The output from wine would be interesting, along with
/var/log/Xorg.0.log as well as anything suspicious from the system logs.
One thing beforehand: Do you have any problems with native games, i.e.:
Can you play the linux demo of Quake 4 for prolonged times without
problems?

Daniel
--
Read the Wine FAQ: http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index