[Wine] Re: Wine crashes the whole system with 3D games

Roger-BH rogeriovinhal at yahoo.com.br
Mon Mar 19 00:54:47 CDT 2007

New test. I now logged into with ssh and tried to kill gdm, which
would kill X as consequence, and it hanged just like before.

I then tried to ping the computer, and surprisingly it did answer.
Perhaps killing the malfunction is just holding the SSH server keeping
it from working with anything else. I still have no clue of what might
it be, only some confusion on using a 32 bit application with 64 bits
drivers maybe...

The process that hanged in the first time was "war3.exe", the win32
binary for the game. There were also wineserver, another war3.exe (?),
Frozen Throne.exe and the script I made myself to make it work without
CD, it just make some renaming of files, no way it could have any part
of that.

I guess I will never buy an ATI card again, this shitty drivers make
me sick. Maybe with AMD giving the cards it may get better...