[Wine] Re: World of Warcraft

Robert M. Riches Jr. spamtrap42 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 19 00:54:48 CDT 2007

On 2007-02-10, dansbiz at gmail.com <dansbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Im new to this, no idea what glxgears is. No idea how to run a
> benchmark, but the help here is beyond reproach.

You didn't state in this posting what your distribution is,
so all that can be given is a generic attempt at an answer.
In Mandriva 2007, glxgears is in the mesa-demos package.  (I
had to remove it from my Mandriva 2007 system with Radeon
7000 graphics card, because it would crash the graphics card
and/or driver.)  If you have the package installed that
contains glxgears, you just run it from a terminal so you
can see what the program prints to stdout.  Let it run for a
bit until the fps numbers stabilize, then write down the
number(s).  Usually, a single sample or mean of a few
samples is reported for comparison purposes.

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42 at verizon.net