[Wine] Wine just died...

andrew andrewmstein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:49 CDT 2007

This is completely inexplicable to me.

I has been using Wine in Fedora Core 6 for some time without a hitch,
but then I rebooted into Windows for approximately 2 weeks.
At this point I decided to give Fedora another try, so I booted into
it.
However, Wine basically just died.
Essentially, any executable that I run (ones that DEFINITLEY worked
before) only shows part of the GUI, or none of it. Even winecfg,
regedit, etc etc is being retarded. I get windows that are
"transparent with not content - they are just showing my KDE Desktop
background pic and the icons.

Here's an screenshot example of me trying to run the Putty binary....

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8510/tryingbj9.jpg

One of the error I get is -

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x608121a0
"x11drv_main.c: X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out in thread 000c,
blocked by 000b, retrying (60 sec)

Also, I have tried disabling SELinux and uninstalling/reinstalling
WINE, to no avail of course.