[Wine] Re: World of Warcraft

dansbiz at gmail.com dansbiz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:51 CDT 2007

On Feb 10, 4:07 am, Daniel Skorka <sko... at gmx.net> wrote:
> dans... at gmail.com wrote:
> > Thanks! I will find and install that benchmark.
> > FYI I have a Radeon 9700 pro on a AMD 3500+, and I had issues
> > installing the driver for the card. I cant get over 1024x768
> > resolution even though I know the monitor supports 1280x1024. Couldnt
> > figure out how to install new drivers for it.
>
> Drivers for the monitor? No such thing in the Un*x/X11 world.
>
> > im showing 4130 fps.
>
> Which basically means you do have accelerated 3D, and the speed looks
> about right too.
> That also means your WoW problem still isn't solved. There are some
> howtos for running WoW in wine around. Did you try one that is current,
> i.e. written for wine 0.9.30?
>
> Daniel
> --
> Read the Wine FAQ:http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index
> Read the Wine User Guide:http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index
> When you post:
> Which wine version? Self compiled or prepackaged?

OK :) I followed the guide. Here are my issues

1) There was no config.wtf file, I made one in the proper folder and
added what the help file told me to.
2) When I try to run WOW from clicking on the desktop icon..it opens a
wine window and I do get the login screen. But after I log in I get
"World of Warcraft was unable to start 3D acceleration". I am
confused. I tried to install the window version of the ATI driver
using  WINE and it wouldnt install. Im pretty sure I installed the
Linux version (RPM).
3) Before I added the config.wtf file I was able to run WOW but at a
paultry 0.5fps.

I really am not a linux pro...so when someone tells me to install a
driver or something, I need help doing that...thanks for the help