[Wine] Re: Strange start-up crash with 0.9.25

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at piology.org
Mon Mar 19 00:54:51 CDT 2007

Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at piology.org> wrote:

>After quite some time I got my Linux running again and
>upgraded Debian Sarge plus Wine to 0.9.25.

Well, after hours of compiling 0.9.30 it came to:
:make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/install/wine-0.9.30/tools'
:
:wine: glibc >= 2.3 without NPTL or TLS is not a supported combination.
:      It will most likely crash. Please upgrade to a glibc with NPTL support.
:wine: glibc >= 2.3 without NPTL or TLS is not a supported combination.
:      It will most likely crash. Please upgrade to a glibc with NPTL support.
:err:advpack:create_tmp_ini_file Unable to create temp ini file
:err:advpack:create_tmp_ini_file Unable to create temp ini file
:wine: glibc >= 2.3 without NPTL or TLS is not a supported combination.
:      It will most likely crash. Please upgrade to a glibc with NPTL support.
:Failed to open the service control manager.
:err:advpack:create_tmp_ini_file Unable to create temp ini file
:err:module:import_dll Library wined3d.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\SYSTEM\\d3d8.dll") not found
:err:module:import_dll Library wined3d.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\SYSTEM\\d3d9.dll") not found
:/home/pi/.wine updated successfully.
:
:
:Installation complete for now. Good luck (this is still beta software).
:If you have problems with WINE, please read the documentation first,
:as many kinds of potential problems are explained there.

Anyway, I could start Notpad and Forte Agent. The latter had
serious font problems (only displaying little rectangles in
the inner parts of the window).

pi