[Wine] Re: World of Warcraft problem with Wine 0.9.31

Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa mantar.feyelno at YourPantiesSirWilliamfrontiernet.net
Mon Mar 19 00:55:04 CDT 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:25:30 +0000, mcr wrote:

> by Blizzard so I can make out their offer to send the report. Anyway,
> Anyone know if this is a known issue with the latest wine or do I report
> it somewhere?  If it's a known issue I will patiently wait for another
> update and boot into everyone's hated OS in the interim for my WoW fix.
> What I am asking here is basically is anyone else having this issue?

 There seem to be some DirectX regressions in the latest wine. I'd
recommend switching back to 0.9.30 for now.
 Other regressions I've spotted so far:
 Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich used to run, though the buttons were
rendered incorrectly -- now crashes when the menu comes up.
 Morrowind had a big improvement in startup time (used to sit there for
about 2 and a half minutes before it did anything, 0.9.31 only takes 45
seconds) but it now crashes as soon as a loaded game starts.

 Half-Life 2 still runs fine, though.

 I'm thinking I'll try to do a regression test to figure out what patch
broke this stuff so I can alert the developers, but I haven't had a chance
yet. (I only installed 0.9.31 yesterday when the Ubuntu build was ready)

--
 - Mantar  --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.