[Wine] Re: printing

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:55:16 CDT 2007

Bad2theBone wrote:
> I'm having trouble printing through wine. As a test I opened a file in
> notepad and printed it. When doing this with a linux editor the file
> is about 7 pages when printed. When I printed the same file in notepad
> the entire file printed as a .75" x 4" image (w x h). Obviously it is
> unreadable. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to correct it.
> The printer is an HP All-In-One PSC-2610v network printer, and prints
> through cupsd.

If you are using the Wine supplied version of notepad, then you are not
doing anything wrong. The Wine version of notepad simply does a poor job
of printing. Open the document in a Windows version of notepad or
wordpad under Wine, and it should print ok. Someone who knows how to
write Windows printing code needs to fix the Wine code.