[Wine] Re: Compile wine to put inside a application (like picasa)

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:55:28 CDT 2007

On Feb 28, 8:34 am, "edu... at gmail.com" <edu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I compile wine (maybe static) to pack together with my
> application and distribute it, like picasa does with wine?

Can you say a bit more about the application you want to ship?
Is it going to be free, or commercial?
Which Linux distributions do you want to support?

Have you thought about how you want to ship your application?
The choices are roughly:
  - as a .deb and/or .rpm
  - as a standalone installer (e.g. using the Loki installer)
  - as a Windows setup.exe, and have user install Wine himself

I am involved with Picasa.  There's not a whole lot of magic in the
packaging.
One of these days I hope to bundle up the scripts we use and
publish them to make it easier for others to ship their own apps.

You might want to check out my wine-isv mailing list.  See
http://kegel.com/wine/isv/

- Dan