[Wine] Re: signal 11 on X server when starting winecfg

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:55:32 CDT 2007

franck <freinquin at online.fr> wrote:
> I don't know anything about the protocol between a client and the X
> server, but could it be that the architecture mismatch is the origin
> of the problem ?

No. X is a network display system by design. Such issues should not
exist. That cedega and native games work propably mean that they don't
use OpenGL in quite the same way wine does.
Proprietary drivers have a bugridden history in linux. I bet this is
ATIs fault.

Daniel
--
Read the Wine FAQ: http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index