[Wine] Windows Clipboard and WINE

Mike miconway at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 00:55:38 CDT 2007

I have a book cataloging program that I have used for several years and
I am extremely pleased with it.  It's one of the main reasons I still
use windows primarily.  I'm looking at running it under WINE and I am
having trouble with the registration of the license key.  The license
key is coped to the Windows clipboard and the the program reads it from
the clipboard.  When I try to register the key under WINE, the program
tells me that the key cannot be found in the clipboard.  I'm assuming
that when I copy the key under WINE, it is not really emulating the
Windows clipboard but using it's own.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.