[Wine] Re: Usb connection with HP S20 photo scanner

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Mar 11 01:33:34 CST 2007

mk67 a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I'm try to use the firmware software of the Photosmart S20 scanner.
> The software by it self work fine , but it can't make the connection
> to the scanner.
> Is there a way with wine.conf or other to give to the software the
> right way to find the scanner?
> If you can help, please do, it make my day brighter!

If you are trying to hook up an HP Scanner to a Linux box you may be
encountering a bug in a particular kernel that did not allow HP Scanner
recognition. I use MandrivaLinux 2007 and you may find a discussion on
their forum. I had a problem with my HP scanner which was eventually
resolved through a kernel update. You may find the discussion here:

http://forum.club.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=57921&sid=d850e4519d3beea94a4d768c73167ebe

Maybe this will help you out in connecting it to your Linux box instead
of through WINE.

You may also want to investigate a piece of software called "Vuescan"
(http://www.hamrick.com) which I use. It is commercial, but the author
is extremely helpful and Vuescan is an excellent piece of Linux software.

Cheers

Marc