[Wine] Interesting problem getting wine onto my computer

allans at mail2web.com allans at mail2web.com
Mon Mar 12 22:46:45 CDT 2007

I live in Bangladesh and have just installed Ubuntu dapper drake onto
my shiny new desktop.  The village where I live has no land lines or
broad band so I connect to the internet through my old laptop using a
GPRS mobile phone and Nokia PC suite run on Windows XP.  I want to
download wine onto my new computer so I can run PC suite and can
continue accessing the internet via mobile but using Ubuntu.  However,
I cannot run the internet on Ubuntu until I install wine and PC
suite.  Is it possible to download wine from an internet cafe onto a
flash drive and then get ubuntu to load wine from the flash drive?  If
so, could some-one explain it in REALLY simple terms?