[Wine] Re: "fixme" items for Adobe Acrobat Reader under wine

Aggro spammerdream at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:38 CDT 2007

joe at actionline.com wrote:

> (With many dozens more of this line:  "fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap stub"
> which I deleted from the list reproduced above to save space.)
>
> What do I need to do to fix the "fixme" items shown above?

If you are not a programmer, you can't do anything to fix it. Those
"stub" messages are only identifying parts of the wine implementation
that have not yet been implemented.

For example, let's assume we have a function that is supposed to draw a
circle. In wine, it might be implemented currently like this:

void DrawCircle()
{
   printf( "fixme:DrawCircle stub\n" );
}

So, instead of drawing the circle, it only prints out a message which
tells that nothing has been done for it. The result is that the message
is printed out, and no circles are being drawn.

To fix it, the developer should write code that actually draws the
circle and then remove the print-command to remove the message.