[Wine] Re: Printing via Cups uses lpr ??

christof.beuter at t-online.de christof.beuter at t-online.de
Mon Mar 19 00:50:27 CDT 2007

Duane Clark schrieb:

> christof.beuter at t-online.de wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > since I got printing working with wine 0.9.15 I just upgraded to 0.9.20
> > on a Debian etch system.
> > I got libwine-cups installed, and I can print from notepad and some
> > other applications, but not what I expected.
> > All I get is a printout that looks like this:
> >
> > %!PS-Adobe-3.0
> >                            %%Creator: Wine PostScript Driver
> >
> >             %%Title: Whatever
> >
> > And dozens of blank pages ...
> >
> > Looks like wine uses lpr for printing while it should use cups instead.
> >
> > Any ideas why ?
>
> Wine prints using the command "lpr". Normally, if you are using CUPS,
> lpr will simply be a symbolic link to the CUPS equivalent, which on my
> system is /usr/bin/lpr.cups. But I don't know specifically how it is
> done on Debian.

unfortunately not ...
There is no /usr/bin/lpr.cups on my system but I got an
/usr/bin/cupsdoprint. But I don't know how to use it.
Placing a link /usr/bin/lpr -> cupsdoprint didn't work for me.

In the meantime I tried a selfcompiled wine v. 0.9.24, but it's exactly
the same problem with this version.