[Wine] Re: Uninstall Adobe Acrobat 7.0

glgxg glgxg at mfire.com.invalid
Mon Mar 19 00:50:45 CDT 2007

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> glgxg <glgxg at mfire.com.invalid> wrote:
>> Installed a 30 day trial of Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and I'm now trying to
>> "properly" uninstall.
>>
>> I run "uninstaller" and the program shows up in the list of installed
>> programs. In Uninstaller: click on the program description to highlight
>> it and then clicking the Uninstall tab causes the hard drive to wobble
>> about a bit, the program becomes un-highlighted and the uninstaller
>> program returns to it's startup state.
>>
>> Any ideas on why this uninstall is not working?
>>
>> I know that I can simply delete the installation directory:
>> $ /home/username/.wine/drive_c/"Program Files"/Adobe
>> but I like to uninstall properly.
>
> Usually the installer also creates an uninstall entry in the start menu.
> wine tried to emulate this start menu, if you can find the entry you
> might try this method.
>
> Daniel

No uninstall entry there -- only lnk files for the tryout programs.
There is an uninstall dll (UninstManager.dll) file in the
/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Acrobat 7.0/Uninstall directory.

Also tried uninstalling from the CD. That seems to go through all of the
appropriate motions (calculating disk space, thrashing of disk drive,
etc), but removes nothing. I'm going to try and re-install and then
remove. If that doesn't work then I'll simply delete all of the
directories and any references to Acrobat that I can find. Then possibly
remove and reload Wine to clean that up.